Friday, June 29, 2012

San Diego Countdown part 2!

6 more days have passed in my Facebook page cartoons counting down the days until San Diego ComicCon International 2012!

We're all a-twitter here about it.  The schedule for events on Thursday were formally announced yesterday, and without even seeing the next 3 days of events, I know that Unca Jeffy is gonna be one tired boy!

Some were confused by this one, thinking I was hoping to meet Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and the 2 Chris's from the movie...no no no...I want to meet the ACTUAL Avengers.


And likewise...I'm not mad at Green Lantern...I'm mad at the movie makers.


3 grades of Hollywood's takes on super-heroes.  Good, Bad and WTF!!!!  Luckily Superman can handle a gut shot now and then.  I'm just confused on why we have to "reboot" Spider-Man 5 minutes after the first 3 came out.  And...Peter Parker's parents??????????? in 50 years of the comic?  Never heard of 'em!


My wave at the Twilight gang for my boss' boss.  I almost had my balloon mentioning "True Blood", but then I found out that they were two different things.  Again, who knew?


Star Trek, Star Wars and all thingies outer-spacey...a geeks dream.


I miss my Harvey comics.  That's all there is to it.  Casper the friendly ghost, Spooky the tuff little ghost, Richie Rich the poor little rich boy, Hot Stuff the good little devil, Big Baby Huey and the rest.  No I didn't forget Stumbo the Giant, the cartoon was just too small.



Did I mention, I'm excited?

Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5, with the Red Skull, written by Stan the Man art by Jazzy John Romita, deals with the secret story of Peter Parker's parents. You could probly pick up an abused copy pretty cheap @ yer local comic shop ;~j

Unca Jeffy said...

You just can't stand to hear an insane man rant in peace, can you? :-) alright...I concede.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

No, actually I live for insane rants of all shapes and sizes. Just so happens, The Amazing Spider-Man was my comic of choice growing up and at one time I managed to put together a near-complete run (cept for amz fantasy 15 & spm #1), with help from me blood Bro and every cent earned delivering Newspapers. I never considered this story about Pete's parents part of the true Spidey lore, however; just didn't ring true. Hope the movie makes better use of the idea ;~j

Search This Blog