Monday, June 11, 2012

"Captain TVideo!" - Mad Mondays - Jack Davis!

Good to be back here with "Mad Mondays!"...this week I finish up my posting of Mad THE COMIC BOOK #15 from 1954 with Harvey Kurtzman and Jack Davis' take on the television juggernaut "Captain Video"..."Captain TVideo!".

Jack had just turned in "The Countynental" last month, so Kurtzman must have made him his "go-to" guy for all things TV, black and white and fuzzy.  Or Jack took to it like a duck to butter...either way, this turned out great!

Enjoy!








Tomorrow we get back to Jeffy's odyssey inside his own head.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this. I read this as a young boy, not in the original mag but in Bedside Mad, when it came out. I'd never seen Captain Video, I wasn't quite old enough, so the satire of the script was a bit beyond me, but the artwork was magnificent for me. I have looked for it for years. Thanks, again.

Search This Blog