Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If Ever There Was an Argument for DSL Over The Evil, Evil Cable!

Dear patient Blog Readers,

I sit here patiently waiting the arrival of "the cable guy" tomorrow to check my ongoing connectivity issues. It is frustrating to say the least...what's a guy to do with his time if the Internet is unreliable? I don't know how our founding fathers or the pioneers of the old west ever put up with such nonsense. I can see them now, huddled in their covered wagons waiting for the cable guy to follow them, only to receive a phone call saying he will be there sometime between 1985-2010. No wonder so many buffalo and native Americans were so needlessly slaughtered.

Rest assured, if he's unable to find my bandwidth troubles tomorrow, I will switch back to DSL and live happily ever after!

I've managed to work ahead and schedule "OldTime Radio Friday", "Drink Hold Concerts" for Friday and Saturday, "Saturday Serials" with more Captain Marvel and the Monster Society of Evil" and "Sunday Funnies" featuring Nemo: the Classic Comics Library issue #16 already. After my Internet is moving at more than a 64 kbps rate, I'll get hopping and my epic "Tales of Route 66" will begin!

Hopefully running the Monday-Thursday slots here at the Internets finest blog/web space devoted to what's inside my head!

In the meantime, I hope you'll check out all the fine bloggers in my Blog Roll listed on the right side of your screen. And to all those bloggers out there...I look forward to getting my speed back and catching up on all your fine work from the last couple of weeks. "Blog On" you hail and hearty warriors of the blogosphere!

Talk to you soon! ...if the Good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise!

2 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

I've always wanted to tour Route 66... hope it's still there as our infrastructure continues to crumble... Rich Folk don't need highways. They got Hellycopters & Aeroplanes~! Maybe I will backpack the Country someday... like Mad Max look'n fer Tina Turner~!

Unca Jeffy said...

You should be alright Lys...the dad-blamed gummint gave up on 66 in 1984 when the freeways bypassed if completely and ceased to care for it...all federal funds were stopped. The local people with their local gummints along the road, who care about what the road means, have all individually taken over the upkeep and maintenance. Before I went I watched some documentaries from a decade earlier and by the time I got there, there was even MORE to see.

My tale (should I ever be online without the Interweb cutting me off and I can tell it) is a happy one.

Search This Blog