Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Comics - Nemo Conclusion with T.S. Sullivant

This wraps up my posting for "Nemo: the Classic Comics Library" issue #1 from June 1983. To see earlier posts and read the whole shebang, check out all this weeks posts from Sunday to now. The Terry and the Pirates post also includes pages from issue #2.

This was an outstanding magazine about the world of comic strips published by the awesome folks at Fantagraphics. Check out their page to find a treasure trove of comics art related books, they always do a fantastic job.

Wrapping this up we have the cover, editorial page, table of contents page and...

This first in their regular series of "Penmen of the Past". Forgotten or rather overlooked cartoonists who helped shape the century of humor that was to come. 1st up, T.S. Sullivant.






Issue 2 has been scanned and number 3 is in the scanner cannon. I note that the only issue Fantagraphics still has for sale as a back issue is the final double issue #31/#32 so up until that issue, I'm proud and happy to share my dusty collection. I hope you enjoy.

These are all parts of the things that fill up Jeff Overturf's Head and make me what I am today.

4 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Jeffie: How did I miss this mag? I just ordered a pile Nemos from my favorite source! Thanks for the tip.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Love the laundry illustration. That's how I do mine, except without the Cityscape, nagging Husband, and little Doggy~!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

I had all the issues of Nemo as well, and then traded em off just before my first scanner. Damn, what was I thinking?! . Among other things, I miss that McManus cover with the purple and orange coloration.

You're doing a tremendous service for us all, with your scans. Thanx a bunch Jeff!

Unca Jeffy said...

Glad to see so many folks are appreciating these as much as I always have.

Search This Blog