Sunday, May 2, 2010

Musical Epilogue to "Jeffy and the Illuminati"

As happy an ending as ANY Quinn Martin Production...



This song is a happy sing-along ditty about paranoia I guess...remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody really isn't out there to get you.




It's been interpreted as being about "The Chronic" as well, which makes it fitting for a post-Willie and post-420 post. John Prine always said though that what it was really about was that he really likes to smile a lot, and when you're smiling people often think that you're up to something...hence making it an "illegal" smile.

What ever it's about, it makes me smile to hear it. Hope you like my version. Apologies to Mr. Prine, I had to change one line...the one about Abbie Hoffman seems too dated.

There's still ears inside my walls though. :/

See y'all tomorrow.

7 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Great Post - made all the greater by the last "fuck, that hurt" by, I assume, your poor kneeling assistant who had to bring in the ear.

Very nice version of the great Prine! You lost some weight, my friend!

Unca Jeffy said...

Thanks Mykal! I'm not sure if I lost weight or I'm wearing bigger shirts!

It's nice to see your regular comments. Thanks for reading!

Marco said...

The time is now 2am in Bacava, Belgian Congo. The home of the jungle telegraph.

We'd like to say hello to Ungat-ungat Oomp and Mrs. Oomp and all the boys up at the transmitter.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

The SMILE POLICE are coming for me thanx to you~!

It's great to know us paranoids are in good company no matter who~ or~ WHAT~ is conscious of our consciousness~!

Marco said...

"Gee, it's been a long time. Are you losing weight?"

"No, I just buy bigger clothes."

-Odie Duggan, 2007

Unca Jeffy said...

Lysedxicuss!

Us paranoids gotta stick together!

Unca Jeffy said...

Marco...If I can't steal from Odie...who can I steal from? Steal from the best I say.

Search This Blog