Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"That's My Life in Amarillo" - There's nothin' to see and nothin' to block the view!

Well, we finally got it hammered out!


The morning after rehearsal, my nephew Scott Michael Campbell got me a rendition of his friend Brad Hunt's original song, "That's My Life in Amarillo".

The video has a little of that "80's Dockers commercial" wobble to it (unintentional) and the SUPER microphone on my camera picked up some impromptu percussion from Scotty's dad Gary while doing dishes, but we proved ourselves out once again to be the "One Take Wonders".

This is such a great song. Not picking on Amarillo per se at all, it's a common experience a lot of people have I think. That feeling of being stuck, whether in a big town like Amarillo (more specifically out on the Texas panhandle) or a small town, and where you're at physically just don't match where your head wants to be at.

My favorite line: "There's nothin' to see, and there's nothin' to block the view".



Good stuff!

Thanks Scotty and thanks Brad!

See y'all tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it.....great job, Scotty

Anonymous said...

I love this song. Is there any way I can Download the original song? I've been wondering who sang this song forever!

Unca Jeffy said...

Well...my understanding was, it was written by a friend of my nephew named Brad Hunt and I wasn't aware there was a "commercial big time recording" of it.

After your comment here, I did find it by Li'l Cap'n Travis who has recorded it and you can find it here http://new.music.yahoo.com/lil-capn-travis/tracks/my-life-in-amarillo--177594689 and you can find his page at www.lilcapntravis.com

Search This Blog