Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Carols you SHOULD know.

Fo' Shizzle my Nizzles, "DJ MC Jeffy Biggie X-mas" is in da Hizzle! This post is all about holiday music and I'm not even singing.

I can feel your disappointment right through the screen, gentle readers. Don't worry though, I'll come back and sing a Christmas song in a week or so, but for right now I want to share a few of my favorite Christmas songs that you may or may not know.

A couple of all-time favorites, but first up is one by my new favorite band, The Dan Band. They've got a great Christmas album out and available on iTunes, and from what I've heard, it's solid Christmas gold.

Here's their song, "Christmas Flip Flop"...it's sure to be a classic.



Next up is a perennial...Robert Earl Keen and his classic "Merry Christmas From the Family".

I dedicate this to everyone I know, have ever known and will ever know. Christmas as it really is.



This next video is a bit fuzzy, it's probably taken from an old video tape. Loudon Wainwright III and his seasonal lament, "Suddenly It's Christmas".


I've been humming this since late September when retail outlets begin stocking the shelves with Christmas doodads.



Oh hell. It's Christmas. Here's one more from The Dan Band and their album "Ho: It's Christmas", this one titled "Please, Don't Bomb Nobody This Holdiay". Enjoy.



Don't forget to include these fine songs in your family's Christmas song book. I got 'em stuffed into mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear "Hardrock, Koko and Joe" - Uncle Bob

Unca Jeffy said...

Wow...never heard of this one! I will get to tis for sure...until then, take a look at this YouTube Page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChicagoKidsTV#p/u

Anonymous said...

I love Hardrock, Koko & Joe...but, I'm from Chicago and grew up with 'em! - Kate

Search This Blog