Sunday, October 11, 2009

Todd Snider...the heir apparent?

Happy 43rd birthday to Todd Snider!

Easily one of the best singer-songwriter-storytellers today and maybe the best of his generation.
I have always had a holy trinity of songwriters I look up to as the pinnacle of the way to do it; John Prine, Billy Joe Shaver and Guy Clark...all guys from a generation before me and therefor with more life experience and value to what the have to say to me. But for the last 15 years, Todd Snider has grown and developed from a promising mind to follow to the definite heir apparent to the throne.

He's studied along-side Prine and Billy Joe, he looks up to others the likes of Jerry Jeff Walker, Clark, Jimmy Buffet and the company that goes with them.

OK...so I'm jealous. He does what I always wanted to do. And he's 3 years younger than me.

But, he does it so well, there's really no jealousy, just admiration.

Here's some examples of Todd Snider's work.





































Thanks for all the songs and stories Todd. Thanks for all the laughs and tears you bring with them.

My "Holy Trinity" of songwriters can expand to include you as the fourth member. There were 4 Three Musketeers and 6 Three Stooges after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright Todd!!! Getting ready for the big show in December! A LONG time coming!

Search This Blog